Friday, November 26, 2010

E. Gilbert's: Eat. Pray. Love & Committed Books

This is a pre-owned book that I bought online. I paid for it last Monday and has been waiting for it since then. I almost got impatient waiting for it and called up the seller yesterday to check if she was able to ship it as promised since it's not yet here... Finally I got the book today on my way out to work!

Photobucket

This book has been made a motion picture and the movie rights for the memoir were purchased by Columbia Pictures which stars Julia Roberts. Here's the trailer of the movie:



In as much as I love to watch the film - - never was a time that I passed on any Julia Roberts' films too, I opted not to, at least until I am able to read the book. Frankly speaking I am torn between whether I should watch the movie first then read later or read first then watch later. But as my book lover friend Celina said, I better read the book first, I decided to wait until I am done with the book. ☺

Last Sunday I also got the chance to drop by A Different Kind of Bookstore and found the book written by the same author after she wrote Eat, Pray, Love when we went to Serendra for BJ's reunion dinner. I think since my husband knew just how much I love reading books and saw me holding on to this, he immediately got the book for me. ♥
Photobucket
Committed is the fifth book that Elizabeth Gilbert wrote after Eat, Pray, Love. A Skeptic Makes Peace with Marriage as the book says. I am glad I was able to have a copy of this book as early as now. 

I can't wait to read both books and watch the film. I'll try to write a review on the books and of the movie as soon as I am done. ☺

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio