Thursday, March 1, 2012

Exposure Triangle

Last night while The hubby was busy playing his online game, I spent the evening in bed learning how to use my DSLR camera. 

It's been several months since I got this camera but I never really had the time play around with it. So last night I took the time to get myself acquainted with the physical buttons as well as the menus and understand + learn about ISO vs Shutter Speed vs Aperture.

I know that if I really want to be able to get attractive photos, I need to understand these three. Thank heavens for the internet because from there I was able to read and learn a lot of things which helped me better understand the difference and correlation of the three.

Today was spent shooting and playing around with my cam focusing on the exposure triangle (ISO, shutter speed & aperture). Here are just some of the photos I took today using my 50mm f/1.4G lens.


I used to just experiment with my camera's buttons. Adjusting without really understanding and knowing which ones I need to turn so I get to come up with the type of photos shown above. Sometimes I get lucky, most of the time I get frustrated. So I'm really glad I took the time to read last night cos somehow I now know how to take pretty acceptable pictures using my camera and lens.

Your verdict? Was I able to do a good job? I'm not sure... 
But I must say, I am happy with the photos now compared to the previous ones I've taken. Ooohh, I just spent a night learning about this things... I wonder how much more clear and well lit photos I'll be able to take if I devote one week just focusing on photography!

Do check back once in a while to see how I'm doing with photography, will you?


PS: Thanks to our lovely princess for being such a beautiful and cooperative model. :)

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

Blog Template by Rockaboo Design Studio